Monday, April 29, 2013

The excitement seems to have made a transfer

Last Wednesday I talked to a friend of mine at church who told me to be sure to make reservations at any restaurant there that I want to eat at, especially if there's character dining because it books up fast and then you'll have to wait a long time. Sometimes you need to book 6-12 months in advance. I know she didn't mean to freak me out but she totally did. I don't even know why. I only have one restaurant that I desperately want to eat at.the T-Rex (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/downtown-disney/t-rex/) in Downtown Disney. It does accept reservations but, sheesh, it's not the end of the world if we don't get to eat there (even if it's based off of the end of the world for the dinosaur's. ha). I think I panicked because I was worried for my friend, Sommer, who does want to do character dining (which we don't plan to do). I ended up having dreams about our Disney trip just being a complete flop because we couldn't get into anywhere. By the next morning I was ready to just put all my Disney stuff away and swear off of it for a while.. Clearly I needed an intervention. Thankfully, it didn't actually come to that. Ha!

The next day I did throw away my countdown to Six Flags and my countdown to Chicago. I had way too many countdowns. It was pretty ridiculous. I realized that having so many countdowns distracted me from enjoying the now and there was plenty to enjoy right now! My youngest having Kindergarten Round-up and my older boy finally feeling confident on a bike, just to mention a few.. As long as I kept those things in perspective, I should be alright. Not only that, but the excitement really seems to have gotten to my husband.
Just yesterday he pulled up the Mickey Site and Sound parade on you tube to see what it was about and wanted me to sit and watch it with him.. Then, while were were grocery shopping he noticed that Mio was advertising new flavors... He wanted to try a bunch of them (you know, so we can figure out which ones we like to bring next year). It was so cute to get a glimpse at my excitement in someone-else eyes. He even talked about it while getting his haircut.( in code of course, our boys were also there getting their hair cut).

My oldest is going to celebrate his 8th birthday on Wednesday and I'm so excited for him. 1) because it's just so hard to believe he's been in our lives for 8 years. 2) He's been so much fun to watch grow up so far 3) That really marks the 1 year mark until we go on our trip.  I sat with him on his bed last night and we were talking about his birthday and how excited he was and how happy he was having his birthday party and the science place here in town. Then I asked him "Hey, if you could go ANYWHERE right now, where would you want to go?"
He responded with "I want to save up my money and go to Disney in CA or Disney World... Yeah Disney World first. But I need to put more money in my cow bank." It was so sweet. We've been able to keep Disney a secret for this long because we've told them exactly how much money it costs and how we are going to have to save up for a loooonnngggg time to be able to go there. I can't wait until next year when I ask him that question again only to fulfill it a few days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment