Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Overwhelmed and strange dreams

I was looking up fun trivia books about Disney and hidden Mickey's the other day. I thought it might be fun to have them to look at on the plane ride. I found some pretty cool books. I might even get one for Sommer... But I was also overwhelmed by some of the trivia I read. Mainly, that all of Disney Land can fit int he parking lot of Disney World. All I know is Disney Land... WTH am I getting into with Disney World? I already thought Disney Land was big enough. Holy Crikies! My husband mentioned that, perhaps, I'm trying to squeeze too much into this vacation, what with autograph books, trading pins, and trying to find hidden Mickey's on top of riding the rides that will be all new to our kids. He might be right.. but I really think the finding hidden Mickey thing is more for me anyway.

I get that it's one year away, but now that I'm starting to wrap my brain around just how HUGE this place is and ALL the things you could possibly do there, I'm working hard not to hyperventilate. I have to accept the fact that we won't be able to do everything. That's just ridiculous. So we're going to have to prioritize things... and there's only a certain amount of decision we can allow the boys to have in the process. Not because they're incapable but because it seems that God has designed them to want to do the opposite things as each other... And that might work for one or two situations but not all of them.

I'm beyond grateful that Sommer is going first. To know how they do it, and during one of the busiest times, will help me feel more at ease and sort out what's realistic and what's not. I know I could take all my info over to Rob's house too to get some peace of mind. Haha.. Actually, seeing the look on his face and listening to the way he bubbled on about Disney when he saw us this weekend makes me thing that I might be treading into dangerous territory for him and his wife... I might end up convincing him that they should really go again.

I suppose on the bright side, I can feel better knowing that the planning isn't really done. I do get kind of sad/bored sometimes when I've got nothing to do for this trip. I can't book my time share places until the end of the year... I can't book the plane or car rental until about March... The only thing I can do between now and then is buy little tid bits and trinkets to put into the kids overnight bags so we don't have to trip off any alarms with why their tooth brushes are gone in the morning or where xyz is, etc. Now that I can add, organizing a priority list of stuff to do while there, that'll keep me plenty occupied until then.

As for the strange dream, I dreampt that I could "jump" (teleport) and so I jumped my family to Disney Land... but it was old school Disney Land. Back when the characters roamed the park instead of being in one set location. And the old school characters where there, like the Three Little Pigs and an older fashioned looking Mickey Mouse, etc. The kids were super excited to meet them all and hug them and get their pictures taken, etc.  Then we'd jump back to our hotel room to chill out for a while. Everything took a strange twist from there though... Because my darn logical side kicked in... Logically no one can "jump" so every time I would try I would fail or I'd end up in the middle of a road about a block away or something. I was able to jump all the way to the gate but couldn't seem to jump INTO the park... Then I realized that we had gone further back in time and had jumped back to the time when you had to have tickets to get on the ride, like E-tickets or A-tickets or whatever they're called... So even if I did get into the park, I'd have no way to get on the ride because I wouldn't have any tickets. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment