Friday, April 4, 2014

One month! Oh it's ON!

That's right, 30 days until we go on the BIG trip... The one I've been tirelessly planning and obsessing over for 3 years! Now that we're coming down to the wire, I suddenly can't stop finding things that still need to be done.
1. Get the house clean (so my buddy doesn't have to endure our yucky house for the whole 5 minutes she'll be spending in it, watering our plant and bringing in the mail)
2. Create packing lists/check lists
3. Go through these lists and actually verify that we have everything that we need
4. Buy the things we don't have yet
5. Get my hair done
6. Get a mani-pedi (This is important stuff people)
7. Get a massage scheduled (best to be as relaxed as possible before the kids have a giant meltdown at the park)
8. Get the kids and hubby's hair cut
9. Officially pack
10. Organize the kids busy bags
11. Print copies of all the paperwork needed and maps everywhere (just in case the Tom Tom fails)
I could keep going, seriously.. It's ridiculous.

On a super bright side.. This also means I can finally post the NUMBER ONE thing that I'm super excited about for this trip.
Drum roll please.......

That's right! I'm SUPER excited to see how the kids react to the news.  Now keep in mind, I'm not expecting weeping, wailing and screams of joy. I'm not expecting fainting... But whatever their reaction is it'll be good. The oldest one will probably jump up and down while repeatedly asking "really? You really mean it? We're going right now?" while the youngest one will probably have a complete meltdown because we're not going to Texas to see his cousin... That's REALLY what he wants to do. Disney, sure that's fun, but his cousin... Now that's an AMAZING good time in his book. So the thought that he might actually have a meltdown over that cracks me up and I actually look forward to it. 
30 days... 30 days and then we get to tell them! WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment