Tuesday, December 31, 2013

January is just a day away

It will officially be 2014 tomorrow. I've got my RCI certificates in hand and am now just waiting (with bated breath) for the right timeshare to become available. Then I will pounce on it like Nala. haha.
Yesterday I emailed a request for reservation for the T-Rex diner at Downtown Disney. I haven't heard back yet but I'm just SOO excited. I'll call them next week if I haven't heard anything back by then.
I'm once again getting into panic mode. How soon is too soon to start packing? Or at least making a test run on packing and making sure everything fits and doesn't exceed the airlines weight limits? I still need to get one more suite case so that everyone has one and then we should be good.
So, besides suitcases what else is there to panic over? Well, let me think:
1. What if I don't get a decent time share and we end up staying somewhere crappy?
2. I've packed on some pounds since last summer. I'm working out but what if I can't fit into my clothes by the time I need to pack and have to buy more clothes. yuck.
3. Because I'm working out nightly now, when will I have time to redo the luggage tags and finish the fun scrap booking I've been doing for the trip?
4. What if we end up fighting the whole time? I could see me, very easily, yelling at the kids "Shut your pie holes. This is the happiest place on earth and I won't have you take that away from me with your stupid fighting! Now shut up and be happy!" *face palm*

Okay, now that I've got that out, let's dispel the fears.
1. All the time shares on the site are decent. Worst case scenario we end up staying in one of the hotels with a partial kitchen and sharing a room with our boys. Would that suck? Yes.. Is it survivable considering all of the other AMAZING things that will be happening. Absolutely.
2. Yes it would suck if I compared my pictures from Disney to the one of my husband and I 10 years before and I can clearly see I've turned into a hamball. Should that stop me from having a blast with my family? No. I'll look amazing because you'll see the joy just pouring out of me. Plus, I do like having reasons to buy new clothes (not that I'll dare use that as an excuse to not exercise... I really do want to at least be the same weight (which is doable if I do the right things)
3. Really? You're worried about that? There is plenty of time, don't take something so fun and freak out over it.
4. Yes, they're going to fight, but remember how much you and your mother didn't get along growing up.. Then the two of you spent a whole week in Puerto Rico.. Together... JUST the two of you. You were practically BFF's. This will be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment