Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bummed out

Talked to my buddy, Sommer, today. She's down in Florida having a blast at Disney World... But she gave me some news that bummed me out. You can no longer collect Fast Passes to just use whenever you want throughout the day. You HAVE to use it during the allotted time window stamped on the ticket. I was sure she was wrong, just sure, so I texted my cousin to get the scoop. NOPE. she was not wrong. Apparently they are cracking down on that now. My cousin indicated that it had something to do with these new wrist band things they're going to be trying out but she couldn't tell me more. I knew I had read about them somewhere so I went to good ol' www.allears.net to dig up some more dirt. Couldn't find much other than that the wristbands would be used for basically everything: park admission, buying food and merchandise, fast passes etc. So I did some more digging and found the following articles:
http://www.technologyreview.com/view/515641/disneys-electronic-wristband-illustrates-why-big-companies-push-contactless-wallets/

and
http://www.geekosystem.com/disney-world-id-bracelets/

Not sure how I feel about it. I see both the perks and the downsides. Instead of having to carry my tickets and my photo pass plus card on my lanyard, and my wallet, it could all be in the one wrist band.... But there is that fear of losing my wrist band, or someone stealing it or all the data they'll mine on me. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment